Wednesday 24 July 2013

Pork Congee...Vietnamese Style

I wasn't feel well after returning home from my trip, so I called my Mom to come over and she kindly made me some congee. Nothing like some home cooked food to get me feeling better...

I apologize I don't have exact measurements but I can tell you what the ingredients are...
My mother just throws things in to taste...
White rice
Green Onions
Ground Pork
Garlic
Sugar
Salt
Pepper
Fish Sauce

In a large pot cook rice with plenty of water on med-high heat. In a pan add olive oil and garlic. Add pork with salt and pepper and a little bit of sugar. Cook until no longer pink. Add pork mixture to the rice. Stirring occasionally. Once pork is fully cooked add green onions and fish sauce. Season to taste, adding more salt and pepper or fish sauce as needed.

I added hot sauce, lettuce and squeezed some lime to mine...


No comments:

Post a Comment