Monday 1 July 2013

Rookie in the Kitch...Peach and Blueberry Crumbles



Prepping ingredients...
I cut the recipe to make two...

Close up shop, check out the oozing goodness...

My Verdict: Praiseworthy. I made this one night for dessert and thought I'd try something different than the usual boxed cake(love you Betty Crocker!). I was always daunted by making anything from scratch and heavily depended on premade mixed/boxed. This however was fairly easy and it came out perfect! You can substitute the fruit for whatever you like. In this case I love peaches, and "old man" loves blueberries. Best of both worlds:) I will say it's quite filling, I was only able to eat a quarter of it and saved the rest for the next day. This is great for a cozy night in and served with a lighter main course.

Ina Garten recipe - found in Barefoot Contessa at Home pg 197

Readers if you try this would love to see pics :D feel free to leave them as a comment here or @kngap on Instagram!
Happy baking!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment