Tuesday 18 June 2013

Rookie in the Kitch...Mango Salsa

I usually cut the mango into pieces and score the insides. Either using a spoon to scoop out or my fingers
You can also peel the skin off and cut them into pieces then cubes

Remember that salsa recipe I made here...well now try adding mango's to it!

For the salsa:
3 tomatoes (mine were relatively on the smaller side, however you can use 2 med or larges if you love tomatoes)
1 ataulfo (adolfo) mango
1/4 of an onion (I used a red onion)
1 clove of garlic
handful of cilantro
1 wedge of lime
salt and pepper to taste
(I'm not a fan of too much onion or garlic, so use your discretion)

Chop the tomatoes, (I got rid of the insides) onions, cube the mango and mince the garlic and cilantro, place all in bowl and squeeze lime onto it. Add salt and pepper and mix. Set aside for the juices to mingle :)


Lastly, enjoy them with chips! My fave's are the yellow corn chips from Fresh is Best Salsa & Company...
Find it at Whole Foods or Urban Fare

No comments:

Post a Comment