Tuesday 14 October 2014

Proscuitto Wrapped Chicken with Steamed Veggies...

Hello everyone! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving:D I think I gained a few pounds from all the meals *~* 

Anywho, here's a dish I made a week ago...try it and let me know your thoughts!


Ingredients:
1 Skinless boneless Chicken Breast
3-5 slices of Proscuitto
Handful of steamed veggies ( I purchased those ready washed veggie bags from the grocery store)
1/2 Lemon 
Salt and Pepper to season chicken 
1 tbsp Olive Oil
*recipe adapted from Martha Stewart


My Verdict: Praiseworthy. Here's another recipe that's quick and easy, serves 2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper (since proscuitto is salty already I only used a tiny amount of salt to season). Lay proscuitto flat tin foil and wrap around chicken, placing seam side down. Place on baking sheet and coat with olive oil, baking for 20 -35 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken breast). Chicken should be cooked through and proscuitto nice and crispy. While chicken is baking, steam veggies in microwave or steamer. Remove chicken from oven and right before serving hit the chicken with a squeeze of lemon. Adds a nice zing!


No comments:

Post a Comment