Thursday 9 October 2014

Pork Maple Breakfast Sausage with Yams...

Ingredients:
1 Pork Maple Breakfast Sausage (remove from casing)
1/4 onion
Salt and Pepper to season 
1 tsp of butter
2 Yams
Garlic Salt and Pepper to season
Cooking spray
* yam recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker

added the fresh spinach for some crunch...(you can also cook the spinach in the sausage, just be sure to do so 2 minutes before being done)

My Verdict: Praiseworthy. While recently shopping at Whole Foods I picked up the pork maple breakfast sausage to try. Boy am I glad I did! It was sooo yummy! Here's how I made breakfast...
In a pan set at medium-low heat add butter and allow to coat. Next cook onions until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add pork maple breakfast sausage pieces and cook until no longer pink, about 5-8 mins depending on the size of the sausage.
The day before I had baked 2 yams at 400 F for *60 minutes. Make sure you scrub them clean and give them a good fork poke! I then cut them into large cubes. In a pan with butter or olive oil, place yams face down and on other side spray cooking spray and season with garlic salt and pepper. After 2-4 minutes flip and season. Continue on all sides, should be done when they're nice and crispy...
And that's it! Plate and serve:) Enjoy and happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment