Thursday 8 August 2013

Durian Cravings...

If you saw on my Instagram I posted a photo of fresh Durian I devoured weeks ago...

From my Instagram...purchased from Superstore


Lately that's all I can think of, anything Durian! Yes it stinks! But you either love it or hate it and I happen to looooooveeeee it!
My mom was staying with me last week and I took the opportunity to pick up one. Make that 2 and one dessert I found at dim sum...clearly I can't get enough!

The first one we purchased was underripe, so I didn't bother snapping any photos of that one(found at a grocery store on Hastings St). I could only stomach a few and left the rest for mom.
The second one we purchased was from My Tho, this one had a super green body and I was skeptical it wasn't going to be ripe and sweet enough. Unfortunately, miss piggie (moi) and mom attacked it at her place and divided it into a zip lock(does not look pretty for photos lol). Anyway, it did not disappoint. After literally wrestling with it, my mom was able to open it up and fish out 9 pieces. I ate 3 the first day and froze the rest. I finished the last 2 pieces yesterday and was devastated lol. I'll wait till my mom's over again to repurchase. It's alot to eat alone and if its fresh its hard to wrestle open, not to mention expensive!

Durian Pancake with whipped cream found at Tin Tin Seafood Harbour in Richmond





No comments:

Post a Comment