Monday 5 August 2013

Cronuts in Vancouver...

I'm late in the game for Cronuts, but if you haven't heard its a cross between a croissant and a fried donut...

Seen here is the Hazelnut...

My Verdict: Pass. My gf teased me with a picture recently and I immediately ran out to try one. We purchased 2, 1 vanilla and 1 hazelnut (I believe they have 3 flavours available, the 2 mentioned and chocolate as well). My first impression was too sweet! I'm normally a sugar junkee but this was overkill. The custard is nice but man was the croissant greasy. Within a few minutes the grease soaked onto my counter(was in a paper bag). I'd be curious to try the original from NYC but at least now I know what the hypes all about.

You can find them at Swiss Bakery here in Vancouver...they call it the Frissant

Find out more about the original here...

No comments:

Post a Comment