Monday 19 January 2015

Buddha's Feast...

Ingredients:
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp dark sesame oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 pkg (14 ounce) water-packed extra firm tofu (drained and cut into 1inch cubes) I prefer fried tofu like you see below
5 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup peeled broccoli stems (I omitted this)
2 tbsp canola oil
1 1/2 cups carrots (1/4 inch cut diagonally sliced)
1 cup snow peas, trimmed
1 can (14 ounce) whole baby corn, drained (I omitted this)
1 can (8 ounce) sliced water chestnuts, drained (I omitted this)
1 1/2 cup sliced green onions (I chopped mine)
1 tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
I added baby bok choy instead of the water chestnuts and corn...

My Verdict: Praiseworthy. I've made this dish 5 times already since finding it online. Its filling enough to enjoy alone or with rice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment