Tuesday 11 November 2014

Turkey Spaghetti...

I halved the recipe and even still I was able to freeze 3 days worth of lunches and dinners!

Ingredients:
2.5 pounds of lean ground turkey (next time I'll use less around 1.5)
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 green pepper ( I omitted this as I'm allergic)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
1 can 28 ounce crushed tomatoes
half a can (2 ounce) tomato paste
1 jar store bought Marinara Sauce ( I used the full jar and omitted the additional 6 oz of crushed tomatoes)
1/2 Tsp ground oregano
1/2 Tsp ground thyme
2 whole bay leaves
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1/4 tsp crushed pepper (optional)
2 Tbsp finely minced fresh parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional, I used a lot as I love cheese :))
extra minced parsley for serving
extra parmesan cheese for serving

Serves 12

Simmering...
Plated and ready to eat with a side of garlic cheese bread...

While creeping on IG I was motivated by Chrissy's post and the next day purchased the ingredients to make turkey spaghetti. I have tried the spaghetti squash but this time I used spaghetti noodles instead.

Find the recipe here...


* Thank you to those who gave their lives for us to have our tomorrows... November 11 Remembrance Day



No comments:

Post a Comment