Tuesday 8 July 2014

Goal Setting...

This post has been sitting in my archives for the longest time and it's not my usual banter but I wanted to share it nonetheless...

An article I ran by in the New York Post piqued my interest and I thought I'd share...(the article has gone MIA since originally reading it. If you find it let me know!)
However, I did find other articles while searching that run along the same lines...
Michael Hyatt article on goal setting

article from Forbes

another Forbes

huffington post

And here's the rundown:

1 Write them down
At the beginning of each year I write down my goals; short term 6 mths, 1 year and 5 years(these I revisit and see if they are still measurable but don't necessarily re-write them for the 1-5 yr)

2 Keep them few
Some goals I right down are personal(fitness, health related) shopping (wish lists, vacations).
e.g: Vacations - I set a goal of at least 3 trips/destinations each year.

3 Keep them SMART
Specific
Measurable
Actionable
Realistic
Time-bound

4 Review them frequently
Here's where I review them before the due date.
e.g : Shopping - I try to purge my closet every season and for my 6 month shopping wish list I include items I'd like to replace or things that have been on them forever (Hermes Collier de Chien Bracelet! These are like the unicorns for Hermes, actually Birkin's and Kelly's fall among unicorn status too. Scratch that, many pieces are unicorns from there lol.)
* Update Hermes CDC - while browsing online one night I actually saw one pop up. I immediately called 2 of my gf's to have them purchase one and I snapped up the one online. Merely minutes after I called them it was sold out! Lucky me received the bracelet a week later, however after waiting 2 years on the wish list and not being able to try it on, I had no idea what to expect. Sad to say it didn't look good on me:( Good news is my gf ended up getting it. Still super happy I was able to cross another wish list item off the list.
As mentioned Hermes Collier De Chien Black with Gold Hardware
The bracelet looks too overpowering on my wrist...not to mention it's heavier than I expected!



The NYP article also gave survey stats for people who goal set compared to people who didn't. The results mention those who set goals are more successful!

Readers what are your goals this year? and years to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment