Monday 28 October 2013

Rookie in the Kitch...Old Favorite and Apple Dumplings

We had company over the weekend and I made my old favourite...
Plus a new dessert...
Right before baking...
After 40 minutes...
Plated with Vanilla Icecream...Yummo!

My Verdict: Praiseworthy. Thanks to Chrissy Tiegan's blog I found this delicious recipe. I didn't have a 9 x 13 baking dish so used 2 ramekins I had instead, along with a 9 x 9. Worked just fine! I also used about 3/4 of the can of Mountain Dew. My apples were also on the smaller side so I doubled them up in some. The end result was a mix between a churro/apple pie. I'll call this one a lazy man's apple pie :D This was on the sweeter side for me but everyone else loved it! Highly recommend if you have someone who loves apple pie!


Readers if you try this would love to see pics or tag me on Instagram! @kngap

No comments:

Post a Comment