Friday 1 August 2014

Depotting MAC eyeshadows...

my little assembly line...
allowing the metal to cool before glue removal...
Voila, complete and in my MAKE UP FOREVER palette


Recently I set some time aside to depot several shadows I got from "back to MAC" makeup I cleaned out from organizing. Total time was 2 hours, it took less than 30 minutes to remove the shadows from the plastic and the remaining time spent removing the glue. (10 eyeshadows)

TOOLS:
flat iron
towel
q-tips or cotton pads (I used both but found the q-tips worked better)
alcohol
paper clip or pin (something you can poke through the plastic)
parchment paper
magnetic sheet (purchased from Walmart)
scissor
blade ( I used the blade option from my nail cutter)
empty palette ( purchased this MUFE palette back in the day when MAC didn't have a clear top)

Here's a visual

Rundown:
- pop up eyeshadow using the blade (the spot between the snapping mechanism)
- place shadow on parchment paper with heat setting to 3/4 high (you don't need it that hot, I only have 1 setting on mine.)
- leave on for a few minutes, you can check to see if its ready when there's an indentation or you see the silver pan peek through
- remove from flat iron, let it stand for a few minutes (this is super hot! I wore my glove that I use with my curler to handle it)
- if you're able to handle the plastic, use your paper clip to poke through the back to loosen the pan from the plastic
- remove the glue using alcohol and a cotton swab
- to remove the sticker let it sit on the flat iron with parchment paper for 10 seconds or until you're able to pull the sticker off
- place on magnetic sheet and cut to desired size
- voila you are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment