Tuesday 20 March 2012

Bel Cafe...

Macaron:
Cookies and Cream
Pistachio
Vanilla Bean
Rose and Raspberry
Plate from Homesense
Black Sesame, Yuzu not shown as I ate that with my lunch. Strong Yuzu flavour(think of a mandarin orange) if you like citrus fruits, you'll love this!

My Verdict: Praiseworthy. First thing, secure a seat first before you order! Surprisingly busy throughout our time there...I enjoyed a lovely lunch with my girlfriend, since the Hawksworth finished serving brunch by the time we got there. To our surprise the lunch at Bel Cafe was delish! We enjoyed the soup and half sandwich combo(we were famished hence no pictures). But most importantly, I loved the dessert choices. My favorite: the Rose and Raspberry macaron! With the first bite you taste the rose, once that settles you taste the sweetness and a hint of raspberry. My second favorite was the pistachio...the star however was the Rose and Raspberry. I actually prefer the Bel Cafe even more so than the macarons from Thierry. Try for yourself to find out!

801 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC
604 673 7000

No comments:

Post a Comment